The O'Donnell lab
at the Department of Anatomy & Neurobiology
and Program in Neuroscience
O’Donnell, P. (Ed.) Animal Models of Schizophrenia and Related Disorders. Humana Press, NY, 2011.
New lab members:
Meriem Gaval joined us as a postdoc on January 2012
Kimmie Konka joined us as a research technician on February 2012
Tibo Sesia joined us as a postdoc on June 2012
Chuma Obineme joined us as a research technician on June 2012
Anna Kolobova joined us as a Graduate Student on June 2012
Echo Presgraves joined us as a research technician on September 2012
- Neuregulin 1-ErbB4-PI3K signaling in schizophrenia and phosphoinositide 3-kinase-pδ inhibition as a potential therapeutic stragegy. Law, A.J., Wang, Y., Sei, Y., O'Donnell, P., Piantadosi, P., Papaleo, F., Huang, W., Nicodemus, K.K., Straub, R.E., Sambataro, F., Vakkalanka, R., Thomas, C.J., Besterman, A., Lipska, B.K., Hyde, T.M., Harrison, P.J., Kleinman, J.E., Weinberger, D.R. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 2012, 109:12165-12170.
- Inhibitory interneurons, oxidative stress, and schizophrenia. Sullivan, E.M., and O'Donnell, P., Schizophrenia Bullletin 2012, 38:373-376.
- A shared low-frequency oscillatory rhythm abnormality in resting and sensory gating in schizophrenia. Hong, L.E., Summerfelt, A., Mitchell, B.D.,O'Donnell, P., Thaker, G.K. Clinical Neurophysiology 2012, 123:285-292.
- D1-NMDA receptor interactions in the rat nucleus accumbens change during adolescence. Huppe-Gourgues, F. and O'Donnell, P., Synapse 2012, 66:584-591.
- Cortical interneurons, immune factors, and oxidative stress as early targets for schizophrenia. O'Donnell, P., European Journal of Neuroscience 2012, 35:1866-1870.
- Mismatch negativity and low frequency oscillations in schizophrenia families. Hong, L.E., Moran, L.V., Du, X., O'Donnell, P., Summerfelt, A. Clinical Neurophysiology 2012, 123:1980-1988.
- Periadolescent changes of D2-AMPA interactions in the rat nucleus accumbens. Huppe-Gourgues, F. and O'Donnell, P., Synapse 2012, 66:1-8.
- Cortical disinhibition in the neonatal ventral hippocampal lesion model of schizophrenia: new vistas on possible therapeutic approaches. Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2012, 133:19-25.
- Impaired reality testing in an animal model of schizophrenia. McDannald, M.A., Whitt, J.P., Calhoon, G.G., Piantadosi, P., Karlsson, R.M., O'Donnell, P., Schoenbaum, G. Biological Psychiatry 2011, 70:1122-1126.
- Expectancy-related changes in firing of dopamine neurons depend on orbitofrontal cortex. Takahashi, Y.K., Roesch, M.R., Wilson, R.C., Toreson, K., O'Donnell, P., Niv, Y., Schoenbaum, G. Nature Neuroscience 2011, 14:1590-1597.
- Adolescent onset of cortical disinhibition in schizophrenia: insights from animal models. O'Donnell, P., Schizophrenia Bulletin 2011, 37:484-492.